Reflexology: a holistic healing therapy, that treats the body as a whole, reduces stress and pain and endeavours to get to the blockages that create ill health.
What is reflexology? Reflexology is a non invasive therapy that is based on the scientific principle that there are reflexes (pressure points) found in the feet, hands, face and ears which correspond to all of the glands, organs, nerves and parts of the body. The Reflexology therapist uses thumbs and fingers to stimulate the reflexes to bring about changes in the body. The nerves of the body are like a wiring system in a house and blocked nerves switch off the power (energy) to various parts of the body. During and after a reflexology session, pain, stress and tension are relieved and pressure on the reflex points improves the flow of the blood to unblock nerve impulses and bring glands and organs back in to normal balance.
Healing: Healing benefits for everyone, from children to the elderly. Balancing of the body with Reflexology assists in recovery from a range of conditions.
Specialising in Men’s health, particularly in the health of the Prostate, covering;
- Problems following prostate cancer treatment
- Urine incontinence
- Sexual function
- Bladder Disorders
- Pregnancy – Reflexology is a very beneficial therapy throughout pregnancy. Reflexology helps to balance the body, boost the immune system and assists with many other irritating problems the mothers-to-be often face, including; morning sickness, general nausea, backache, constipation, haemorrhoids, muscular fatigue, anxiety and insomnia, pelvic floor inflexibility, heartburn etc. The major benefits of the treatment are a pregnancy with less stress and mum-to-be whose body is relaxed and better prepared for labour.
A number of other conditions can be treated including:
- Swollen Ankles
- Balancing the body following cancer surgery and ongoing treatment
- Constipation and Haemorrhoids
- Back and neck pain
- Symptoms Related to Multiple Sclerosis